[FieldTrip] Problem selecting frequency range for source reconstruction using beamforming DICS technique

Elene Beitia Loinaz elene.beitia at alumni.mondragon.edu
Mon Jan 21 12:15:02 CET 2019

Dear Fieldtripers,

I am trying to select a time-frequency tile for the performance of the
Bermforming using DICS recostruction.

First, usng freq analysis I have chosen the time-frequency range I want,
you can see it in the next code:

cfg              = [];
cfg.continuous   = 'yes';
cfg.output       = 'fourier';
cfg.channel      = 'all';
cfg.keeptrials   = 'yes';
cfg.method       = 'mtmfft';
cfg.taper        = 'hanning';
cfg.foilim       = [8 12];
cfg.t_ftimwin     =[160:0.0039063:175];
data_Fourier      = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data1);

If I look in the data_Fourier the frequency is define like a range, but
when I do the beamforming it choses only one frequency (the middle of the
range), I have not configured anything in cfg.frequency since I want to
take the full range and not a single number in Hz, but still takes only one
(in my case 10Hz).

Error:
 Warning: could not determine dimord of "freq" in:

            label: {128×1 cell}
             freq: 10.0000
    fourierspctrm: [1×128 double]
        cumsumcnt: 94464
        cumtapcnt: 1
             elec: [1×1 struct]
              cfg: [1×1 struct]
           dimord: 'rpttap_chan_freq'

Warning: the selected value 10 should be within the range of the array from
10 to 10

Is there anyway to consider all the rage? Is it necessary to set other
parameters in the cfg of the ft_freqanalysis/ft_sourceanalysis?

Thank you in advanced,

Elene.