[FieldTrip] Fwd: ft_freqstatistics not working on mac

Alexandre Chalard alexandre.chalard at inserm.fr
Mon Feb 11 21:48:51 CET 2019

Dear all,

My OS is OS X El capitan 10.11.6 I am on matlab R2017a, I download the toolbox on the 31th December 2018.
I also have the image processing toolbox.
I have no idea where is the issue, because it perfectly works on my PC which is on the same matlab version just the OS is different.
When the function run it looks like matlab is on a while loop.

Any suggestion ?

Thank you

> Début du message réexpédié :

Is this something that started happening recently? What mac os/matlab/ft version?

i had the same issue … first i thought i may not have the image processing toolbox installed.

> De: Alexandre Chalard <alexandre.chalard at inserm.fr>
> Objet: ft_freqstatistics not working on mac
> Date: 10 février 2019 23:58:18 UTC+1
> À: fieldtrip at science.ru.nl
>
> Dear all,
>
> When I try to perform an analysis with my PC with the following code :
>
> cfg.neighbours       = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg_neighb, DataP);
> cfg.channel          = ROI;
> cfg.latency          = [0 100];
> cfg.frequency        = [13 30];
> cfg.method           = 'montecarlo';
> cfg.statistic        = 'ft_statfun_indepsamplesT';
> cfg.correctm         = 'cluster';
> cfg.clusteralpha     = 0.05;
> cfg.clusterstatistic = 'maxsum';
> cfg.minnbchan        = 2;
> cfg.tail             = 0;
> cfg.clustertail      = 0;
> cfg.alpha            = 0.025;
> cfg.numrandomization = 100;
> cfg.avgovertime      = 'yes';
> cfg.avgoverfreq      = 'yes';
>
> design = [];
> design(1:numel(PFiles))         = 1;
> design(end+1:end+numel(TFiles)) = 2;
>
> cfg.design = design;
> cfg.ivar   = 1;
>
> stat = ft_freqstatistics(cfg,DataP,DataT);
>
> Everything is working, but when I try with my macbook pro, the function doesn’t work.
> The permutation progress take directly the value 100 on 100, and the matlab status is busy with no return and no possibility to break the code (ctrl-c), I need to close matlab to stop the execution.
>
> Does anyone have an idea or have the same problem?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alexandre Chalard
> --
> PhD student

Alexandre Chalard
--
PhD student
Toulouse NeuroImaging Center UMR1214 - Inserm/UPS