[FieldTrip] BIDS derivatives poll

Robert Oostenveld r.oostenveld at donders.ru.nl
Fri Aug 23 08:54:27 CEST 2019

Dear all,

As many of you are perhaps aware, we have been working hard on standardizing data archival and storage of electrophysiology data through extensions to the Brain Imaging Data Structure (BIDS) <https://bids-specification.readthedocs.io/en/stable/> for EEG <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41597-019-0104-8>, iEEG <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41597-019-0105-7> and MEG <https://www.nature.com/articles/sdata2018110>.

While the focus so far was on raw files, the next step is to standardize the storage of so-called derivative or processed data. In this regard, we would like to survey the electrophysiology community on its present needs and to address them in a data-driven manner. We invite researchers in the community to take 5 minutes of their time to answer this poll: https://forms.gle/k8qpW1ddyk4Hqh5q8 <https://forms.gle/k8qpW1ddyk4Hqh5q8>. Your feedback and suggestions are very important to us.

Best,
BIDS derivative team for electrophysiology