[FieldTrip] Error 'One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "read_24bit'

Emilie Caspar ecaspar at ulb.ac.be
Tue Aug 20 17:12:11 CEST 2019

Dear Fieldtripers,

During one of my EEG sessions, the recording stopped because the computer was actually full. The file that results from this recording before it stopped contains almost all the data (weight 380 Mo) so I am sure that the signal have been recorded during this time period.

However, when I am trying to preprocess this file, I have the following error:

One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "read_24bit".

Error in read_biosemi_bdf>readLowLevel (line 282)
  buf = read_24bit(filename, offset, numwords);

Error in read_biosemi_bdf (line 257)
      buf = readLowLevel(filename, offset, epochlength*nchans); % see below in subfunction

Error in ft_read_data (line 403)
    dat = read_biosemi_bdf(filename, hdr, begsample, endsample, chanindx);

Error in ft_preprocessing (line 579)
      dat = ft_read_data(cfg.datafile, 'header', hdr, 'begsample', begsample, 'endsample', endsample,
      'chanindx', rawindx, 'checkboundary', strcmp(cfg.continuous, 'no'), 'dataformat', cfg.dataformat);

Error in preprocessing_Shock (line 64)
    allData_preprosses = ft_preprocessing(cfg);

Other data files do not have any errors in the preprocessing, so this is really related to that file only and this is also the only one for which the recording stopped.

I would like to know how to be able to save this data file and be able to perform my preprocessing. Since the data have been recorded normally before the crash, I guess that technically I should be able to, but I do not find any information.

Many thanks!

Emilie