[FieldTrip] EEG from Source

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 10:16:22 CEST 2019

Hi Eric,

It's not sure what your question is, or what you exactly already have and
what you need.

I assume with ESI you mean some kind of EEG source analysis starting from
EEG electrodes. It's unclear why you would want to 'go back' to EEG
electrodes.

Its not clear what kind of source modelling you've done. But if you have an
inverse solution you should be able to multiply (the inverse) with your
results to reconstruct some electrode-level data somehow. But I'm not that
math-savvy to spell it out in any more detail, but anyone who is would need
more details anyway.

Perhaps you are asking about the data structures FieldTrip uses, you can
find them detailed here:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_are_the_various_data_structures_defined/

In any case, I would also take a look at:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_to_ask_good_questions_to_the_community/

Best of luck,
Stephen