[FieldTrip] How to obtain a clinical EEG for publication (photoshop?)

Bear, Joshua JOSHUA.BEAR at UCDENVER.EDU
Tue Apr 9 19:54:41 CEST 2019

Depending on your EEG viewing software, you could probably borrow a 4k (or higher) monitor and take the screenshot there. A typical 4k monitor has a resolution of 3840x2160. The resulting screenshot could be displayed at 300 dpi at over 12 inches in width. A 5k monitor at 5120x2880 would allow for a 17 inch width at 300 dpi.

If your EEG viewer is from within Matlab, you can manually define the size of the figure to be output within the figure properties.

As Christine mentioned, if you are trying to upsample pre-existing screenshots, it is going to be much more difficult and will likely result in blurry images (instead of pixellated ones).

Josh