[FieldTrip] wpli

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Thu Apr 4 08:42:37 CEST 2019

Hi Zhara,

Hi;
I have two questions:
1- I am trying to use ft_connectivity_wpli to calculate wpli between EEG signals recorded in 16 channels.
Could you please help me with the inputs (Repetitions x Channel x Channel (x Frequency) (x Time))?
It there any example or description which clarifies the inputs?

Please use ft_connectivityanalysis with cfg.method = ‘wpli’, and an appropriate fieldtrip-style data structure, containing fourier coefficients (i.e. output of ft_freqanalysis with cfg.output = ‘fourier’);

Otherwise, if you insist on using the lower-level function ft_connectivity_wpli, please read the documentation.

2- It there any MATLAB code available for the experiments of "An improved index of phase-synchronization for electrophysiological data in the
presence of volume-conduction, noise and sample-size bias(2011)”.

I don’t understand: this is the ‘wpli’ method.

Jan-Mathijs

Thank you very much.

J.M.Schoffelen, MD PhD
Associate PI, VIDI-fellow - PI, language in interaction
Telephone: +31-24-3614793
Physical location: room 00.028
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Nijmegen, The Netherlands