[FieldTrip] Posdoc in Lyon, France
nemethd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 11:13:16 CET 2018
*Postdoc in Cognitive Neuroscience*
· CRNL – Center for Research in Neuroscience in Lyon
· Published: 25-10-2018
· Closing date: 01-12-2018
· Contract: Fixed-term, 2,5 years
· Start date: March 01, 2019 (flexible)
Applications are invited for a highly motivated, enthusiastic postdoctoral
researcher with a PhD in cognitive neuroscience (or related field) to join
a well-supported, friendly research team, based in the internationally
renowned Center for Research in Neuroscience in Lyon (University of Lyon,
CRNS, INSERM). The postdoctoral position is part of a research project
named REWIRING that is funded by IDEXLYON Fellowship. The postdoc will be
embedded in the IDEXLYON team (PI: Dezso Nemeth) at CRNL, Lyon.
Using methods of M/EEG, fMRI and non-invasive brain stimulation (e.g.,
TMS), the project aims to investigate how memory representations can be
updated ('rewired') in the human brain. More specifically, we will
investigate the entire process of how statistical and sequential
regularities are extracted from the environment (memory formation), how the
extracted knowledge is consolidated and how it can be rewired. For more
details see the publications of Dezso Nemeth and Karolina Janacsek at
http://nemethlab.com/publications/, and particularly the following paper:
Szegedi-Hallgató, E., Janacsek, K., Vékony, T., Tasi, L. A., Kerepes, L.,
Hompoth, E. A., ... & Németh, D. (2017). Explicit instructions and
consolidation promote rewiring of automatic behaviors in the human
mind. Scientific Reports, 7(1), 4365.
The overall aim of Project REWIRING is to improve human learning and memory
performance and boost rewiring of automatic behaviors.
Within this project, the post-holder will be responsible for designing and
carrying out experiments, analyzing data, and writing up manuscripts.
Additionally, the postdoc will be closely involved in daily supervision of
PhD and MSc students who work on the project.
*Profile (Person specification)*
Candidates who only partially meet the following profile are nonetheless
strongly encouraged to apply!
· PhD in cognitive neuroscience or an adjacent field
(psychological, biological, biomedical, or computer sciences, also physics
· A strong academic track record including publications in leading
· A strong interest for fundamental research in cognitive
· Advanced computational and/or programming skills (Matlab, Python,
or other languages);
· Experience in functional connectivity analysis (EEG, MEG or MRI);
· Experience and interest in training and supervising junior
· Capacity to participate in an interdisciplinary and international
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively
collaborate and communicate in academia;
· A proactive and goal-directed attitude, good organizational
· Fluency in written and spoken English and motivation to learn
The project is embedded in the unique and excellent infrastructure of the CRNL
- Center for Research in Neuroscience in Lyon.
Researchers working on this theme jointly organize regular discussion
meetings and lectures to promote integration of research conducted within
systems, behavioral, and cognitive neurosciences.
Read more about what it means *to work at
Salary will be in accordance with the relevant national labor agreement and
based on research experience and qualifications.
The earliest start date for this position is March 2018 (later start
possible upon agreement).
*Comments and contact information*
We request applicants to send the following documents:
1) A cover letter briefly describing how their skills and experience meet
the profile as set out in the person specification (max 1 page)
2) A research statement explaining their research interests in relation to
Project REWIRING or to the PI’s publications (max 2 pages) (optional)
3) A recent CV and publication list
4) Two writing samples of the applicant's most significant work (published
or unpublished manuscripts).
5) Contact information of three professional references.
All additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dezso
Nemeth, Principal Investigator, via nemeth at nemethlab.com.
Submit your application to the following email address: hr at nemethlab.com
*Please apply before December 1 (23:59 GMT).*
*We are committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive scientific
*For this post, we particularly welcome applications by women and ethnic
*Recruitment agencies are asked not to respond to this job posting.*
NEMETH, Dezso (PhD, DSc)
Brain, Memory and Language Lab: http://www.memory-and-language.com
Phone: +36-1-4614500/3565, +36-1-4614500/3519
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fieldtrip