[FieldTrip] Using cfg.baseline and cfg.toi

Eno Umotong enoumotong at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 22:32:26 CEST 2018

Hi there,

I’m having trouble extracting the baseline from my time frequency data.

I’m using the function like this:

cfg = [];
cfg.output = ‘pow’;
cfg.channel = …
cfg.taper = ‘hanning’;
cfg.foi = …
cfg.t_ftimwin = ones(length(cfg.foi),1).*0.5;
cfg.toi = …
cfg.baseline = ..
cfg.baselinetype = ‘absolute’;
cfg.parameter = ‘powspctrm’;
freq = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, Dataset);
TFRHann3 = ft_freqbaseline(cfg,freq);

How can I use this function correctly please? I’m sorry to bother you with this. I couldn’t find assistance online. TFRHann3.powspctrum returns a matrix full of NaN. I’m sure this is obvious to you.

Just one more question. When selecting my time window of interest for frequency analysis using ft_freqanalysis and specifying cfg.toi, would 0 represent my stimulus (as specified by epoch selection in eeglab interface)?

Many thanks again for your help.

Many thanks for your help.