[FieldTrip] Artifact in LCMV beamformer source localization

Bushra Riaz Syeda bushra.riaz2 at neuro.gu.se
Wed Oct 4 10:19:09 CEST 2017

Thank you for you reply

I am already using common filter for both conditions and I have also tried weight normalisation with 'unitnoisegain', but it didn't change results.

My protocol is bit unusual in a way that electric stimulation to the finger is time locked with 200 ms after the R wave of ECG. As such, the ECG artifact is prominent at -200 ms in my data and I am using ICA to remove it as shown in figure (https://chalmersuniversity.box.com/s/deuzucqovgcfienybk7zisc3r3wjusvu)

For lcmv I am using -0.71 to -0.21 sec of prestimulus interval window ( relatively clean baseline without ECG artifact) and 0.01 to 0.51 sec of post stimulus interval window.

Could my protocol be the reason of 'center of head artifact', I didnt think it would be the case?

Any suggestions to solve this would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Kind regards

Bushra Riaz