[FieldTrip] Median Filter

Narjes Soltani na.so.ir at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:44:35 CEST 2017

Dear Fieldtripers,

I have a question about the median filter. When I set this filter to 'no'
(which is the default value) in ft_preprocessing configuration file and
then run the ICA on the output, multiple components are not converged.
However if I set the median filter to 'yes', this problem vanishes. Is
there any idea why setting the median filter to 'yes' which means keeping
the jump artifacts, helps in ICA convergence?
By the way, I sent the epoched data to ft_preprocessing which may also be
important about how ICA works.

Very Best,
Narjes