[FieldTrip] One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "read_16bit"

Vitória Piai v.piai.research at gmail.com
Wed May 10 18:37:28 CEST 2017

Hi FT-ers,

I'm trying to read a big .edf file (2.16GB), using a recent version,
fieldtrip-20170401.
I can read the header (attached, if it's of any use). However, when
reading the data, I'm getting the following errors.

_- If I specify begin and end sample:_
/X = ft_read_data(cfg.dataset,'begsample', 1, 'endsample', 30);

/error opening file: /MaterSEEG04-17.edf
One or more output arguments not assigned during call to "read_16bit".

Error in read_edf>readLowLevel (line 449)
   buf = read_16bit(filename, offset, numwords);

Error in read_edf (line 401)
       buf = readLowLevel(filename, offset, blocksize); % see below in
subfunction

Error in ft_read_data (line 683)
     dat = read_edf(filename, hdr, begsample, endsample, chanindx);

_- If I specify channel index:_
/X = ft_read_data(cfg.dataset,'chanindx',chanindx);
/Attempted to access EDF.chansel(34); index out of bounds because
numel(EDF.chansel)=1.

Error in read_edf (line 356)
     chanindx = EDF.chansel(chanindx);

Error in ft_read_data (line 683)
     dat = read_edf(filename, hdr, begsample, endsample, chanindx);/
/
I can then "fix" this error by commenting out line 356 in read_edf,
which brings me back to the first error of "read_16bit". This happens on
a PC and on a Mac. Something tells me the data isn't being read properly
but I can't figure out why. Something with mex files maybe? I couldn't
find anything similar in previous threads nor in Bugzilla, for as far as
I could see.

Any thoughts anyone? I have the data on Dropbox and can send the link if
needed.

Thanks loads,
Vitoria