[FieldTrip] Parcelation source localization

mehdy dousty mehdy.dousty at gmail.com
Tue May 9 03:51:24 CEST 2017

Hello all,
I am working on source localization of HCP based on the eLoreta. I am
trying to extract time series of Atlas AAL116. So firstly I interpolate the
source model to AAL 116 by using:

atlas =
ft_read_atlas('/Desktop/EEG-1/fieldtrip-20160417/template/atlas/aal/ROI_MNI_V4.nii');
atlas = ft_convert_units(atlas,'mm');
cfg = [];
cfg.interpmethod = 'nearest';
cfg.parameter = 'tissue';
individual_sourcemodel3d1 =
ft_sourceinterpolate(cfg,atlas,individual_sourcemodel3d);

and afterward interpolate the DATA to the parcellated source model by:
cfg = [];
cfg.parameter = 'pow';
cfg.keeptrials = 'yes';
source_eloreta_disc_int1 =
ft_sourceinterpolate(cfg,source_eloreta,individual_sourcemodel3d1);

and finally when I try to visualize the data by :
cfg = [];
  cfg.method = 'ortho';
  cfg.funparameter = 'pow';
  cfg.maskparameter = 'mask';
  cfg.funcolorlim = 'auto';
  cfg.opacitylim = 'auto';
  cfg.opacitymap = 'rampup';
  cfg.atlas = atlas;
  ft_sourceplot(cfg,source_eloreta_disc_int1);

I receive an error which says: "there is a mismatch between the coordinate
system in the atlas and the coordinate system in the data, which cannot be
resolved"

I was wondering if anyone could possible help me to solve the issue, and
also how accurate my approach is
Thanks