[FieldTrip] [HCP-Users] Extracting Default mode network from AAL

Seymour, Robert (Research Student) seymourr at aston.ac.uk
Fri Jan 20 10:29:36 CET 2017

Hi Mehdy,

I believe the AAL atlas came before the DMN and other large-scale brain networks were popular in neuroimaging, so there's no easy 1:1 mapping between them.

Perhaps you could download the Yeo 7/17 network parcellations, overlay the AAL atlas points and see which ROIs overlap with the DMN? Otherwise you could repeat your analysis using a more up-to-date atlas such as the HCP MMP (https://balsa.wustl.edu/WN56)...

Robert