[FieldTrip] undocumented re-referencing schemes (bipolar)

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jan 10 16:32:53 CET 2017

Hi Vitoria,

ft_apply_montage is your friend.

J.M.Schoffelen
Senior Researcher, VIDI-fellow
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Nijmegen, The Netherlands

On 10 Jan 2017, at 16:19, Vitoria Piai <v.piai.research at gmail.com<mailto:v.piai.research at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear all,

Robert told me there is something implemented, yet undocumented, that would facilitate computing bipolar derivations when re-referencing EEG data. (I have many SEEG electrodes with multiple contact points and would like to have bipolar contacts for each electrode).

I don't remember exactly what it was, though. Does anyone know what that would be/has used it before? (Possibly with ft_preprocessing, with a boolean in cfg.refchannel?)

Thanks a lot, Vitória