[FieldTrip] Error: some of the requested samples occur twice in the data and have conflicting values

Claus Agerskov CLSG at lundbeck.com
Tue Feb 14 16:07:59 CET 2017

Hi
I am processing eeg data that consists of many trials that are cut out of a continuous recording, centered around an auditory stimulus.
These trials are two seconds apart and each trial is extracted from -1 to 3.5 seconds with respect to each stimulus.
This means that I have an overlap (of 0.5 seconds) of each trial with the preceding and succeeding trials. Is this supported by fieldtrip?
I am in general able to run my code when the overlap is 0.5 seconds or shorter, but when it exceeds 0.5 seconds, I get the error: "some of the requested samples occur twice in the data and have conflicting values", when running the ft_rejectartifact function.
It seems strange that this runs at certain overlap sizes but not others.

Med venlig hilsen,
Claus Agerskov, tlf: +4561787996