[FieldTrip] ROI masks for cortical surface source model

Ainsley Temudo ainsley.temudo at nyu.edu
Wed Aug 23 22:00:19 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding how to use the atlases to create ROI masks
to use for my source analysis

   1. *how do you use the freesurfer atlas*.

 i’ve tried ft_read_atlas({'aparc+aseg.mgz','SPNS1151-oct-6-src.fif’}) but
I don’t think this is the correct use because I get a structure with an
aparc field which is 256x256x256. I don’t see the link between this and my
source model. It tried using ft_volumelookup after (using the volume that
was put through freesufer as an input ) but this also gives a 256x256x256
mask. I know at some point I have to orig.inuse to link the vertices in the
high resolution tessellation to those in the sourcemodel. but i’m missing
something or doing something wrong before this.

   1. *If I want to use a template atlas, how do I link that to my source
   space.*

I tried following this
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/create_single-subject_grids_in_individual_head_space_that_are_all_aligned_in_brain_atlas_based_mni_space
.
but how do I warp the cortical sheet grid that i've already created to the
the template grid.

     3. *Is it possible to use an ROI mask that was created from fMRI data
in afni in **field trip?*

I can read in the ROI using ft_read_atlas, but have no idea how that could
be used to select the corresponding grid points in my source model.

would really appreciate if someone could help answer this questions

Thanks!

Ainsley