[FieldTrip] Last chance: SPM course for MEG/EEG in London: May 8-10, 2017

Vladimir Litvak v.litvak at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 18:27:36 CEST 2017

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that our annual SPM course for MEG/EEG will take
place this year from Monday May 8 to Wednesday May 10 2017.

Hosted by University College London, the course will be held at Queen
Square, a very central location in London (UK).

The course will present instruction on the analysis of MEG and EEG data.
The first two days will combine theoretical presentations with practical
demonstrations of the different data analysis methods implemented in SPM.
On the last day participants will have the opportunity to work on SPM
tutorial data sets under the supervision of the course faculty. We also
invite students to bring their own data for analysis.

The course is suitable for both beginners and more advanced users. The
topics that will be covered range from pre-processing and statistical
analysis to source localization and dynamic causal modelling. The program
is listed below.

Registration is now open. For full details see
http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/spm/course/london/ where you can also register.

Available places are limited so please register as early as possible if you
would like to attend!

 ----------------------

Monday May 8th (33 Queen square, basement)

9.00 - 9.30    Registration

9.30 - 9.45                SPM introduction and resources
    Guillaume Flandin

9.45 - 10.30              What are we measuring with M/EEG?
 Saskia Heibling

10.30 - 11.15            Data pre-processing
            Hayriye Cagnan

           Coffee

11.45 - 12.30            Data pre-processing – demo
     Sofie Meyer, Misun Kim

12.30 - 13.15            General linear model and classical inference
Christophe Phillips

           Lunch

14.15 - 15.00            Multiple comparisons problem and solutions
Guillaume Flandin

15.00 - 15.45    Bayesian inference
           Christophe Mathys

           Coffee

16.15 - 17.45            Group M/EEG dataset analysis - demo
 Jason Taylor, Martin Dietz

17.45 - 18.30            Advanced applications of the GLM
Ashwani Jha,  Bernadette van Wijk

Tuesday May 9th (33 Queen square, basement)

9.30 - 10.15              M/EEG source analysis
       Gareth Barnes

10.15 - 11.15            M/EEG source analysis – demo
Jose Lopez, Leonardo Duque

           Coffee

11.45 - 12.30            The principles of dynamic causal modelling
 Bernadette van Wijk

12.30 - 13.15            DCM for evoked responses  Ryszard Auksztulewicz

           Lunch

14.15 - 15.00            DCM for steady state responses      Rosalyn Moran

15.00 - 15.45            DCM - demo   Richard Rosch, Tim West

           Coffee

16.15 - 17.00            Bayesian model selection and averaging   Peter
Zeidman

17.00 - 18.30            Clinic - questions & answers            Karl
Friston

19.00 - ...        Social Event

Wednesday May 10th

9.30 - 17.00

Practical hands-on session in UCL computer class rooms. Participants can
either work on SPM tutorial datasets or on their own data with the help of
the faculty. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions in small
tutorial groups for further discussions on the topics of the lectures.