[FieldTrip] cluster-based statistics with one covariate

Caroline Beese beese at cbs.mpg.de
Mon Apr 10 14:50:13 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I'm trying to take age as a covariate into my cluster-based statistics comparing two dependent measures.

I have read about two options:

A) to use ft_regressconfound before I do the stats or
B) to create a design with a third row using the .cvar field in the 'depsamplesregrT' statfun.

I understand that for correcting head motions ft_regressconfound is a great option but for taking age into account as a covariate, it doesn't seem intuitive to me to do this within-subject on a trial-by-trial basis having only one number per person. Or can you use this function differently?

However, for option B) the  subfunction 'unitselvec' is missing and this seems to be an issue for several years. So I was wondering whether anyone has ever tried to fix this problem themselves and wouldn't mind sharing?

More generally, if anyone has successfully implemented a cluster-based statistics with one or more covariates, please share your experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Caroline

--
Caroline Beese
PhD student

Max-Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Department of Neuropsychology
Stephanstr. 1a
04103 Leipzig

office phone: +49 (0) 341 9940 129