[FieldTrip] Separating MEG/EEG data

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:48:34 CEST 2016

Hi Mona,

I'm not sure I understand your question but ill give it a go:

In Elekta, labels of magnetometers end in 1, (e.g. MEG10*1*), gradiometers
in (e.g. MEG22)2 and 3. The latter are the orthogonal 8-shaped coils that
are often combined, e.g. using ft_combineplanar. This will reduce the 204
gradiometers in 102 combined gradiometer, that FT assigns labels to,
showing you which sensors are combined, e.g. "MEG102+MEG103".

If you use ft_selectdata, or a cfg.channel configuration field, you can use
* as I mentioned before, or ? and other wildcards such as MEG, and MAG, to
select sensortypes.

Hope this helps,
Stephen