[FieldTrip] Help importing and reading data

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Oct 12 09:48:31 CEST 2016

Hi Alexander,

If you have managed to convert the data into a mat-file, in general it is not needed to go through ft_preprocessing to get the data loaded into memory. In general, providing cfg.datafile = ‘somefilename.mat’ will not work. I’d recommend to look here: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_import_my_own_dataformat, and in particular at the ‘circumvent the fieldtrip reading functions’ section. The idea is to create a fieldtrip-style data structure that can serve as an input argument to downstream processing functions.

Good luck,
Jan-Mathijs