[FieldTrip] CTF MEG issue

Pelt, S. van (Stan) stan.vanpelt at donders.ru.nl
Fri Oct 21 13:49:43 CEST 2016

Dear José,

I’ve forwarded your email to the FieldTrip email discussion list, since this is a more appropriate forum for a question like this (more experts=more potential answers).

10-50pT is way too strong to be a brain signal I’m afraid. Typical range would be 10-100 fT for CTF data, so your signal is more than 2 orders of magnitude higher.  I think it is most likely noise coming from outside the scanner (room).

Regarding the use of ft_databrowser, this is nicely decribed in the following tutorial: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/visual_artifact_rejection#use_ft_databrowser_to_mark_the_artifacts_manually

Scaling will be done automatically if you only plot the MEG-channels. So you do not need to specify cfg.megscale (or cfg.eogscale, for that matter).

Best,
Stan