[FieldTrip] Separating MEG/EEG data

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:22:17 CEST 2016

Hi Mona,

To add to Tzvetan:

- You can in many FieldTrip functions specify on which channels you want to
work (cfg.channel), e.g. in ft_preprocessing.
- You can also split the data later using ft_selectdata, e.g.:

cfg = []
cfg.channel = 'MEG';
data_MEG = ft_selectdata(cfg,data_combined);

cfg = []
cfg.channel = 'EEG';
data_EEG = ft_selectdata(cfg,data_combined);

- To selecting magnetometers or gradiometers you can use:
cfg.channel = 'MEG*1'
cfg.channel = {'MEG*2', 'MEG*3'}

Cheers,
Stephen