[FieldTrip] Regarding headmodel construction

Simon Homolle s.homolle at donders.ru.nl
Mon Oct 3 10:19:48 CEST 2016

Dear Susmita,

I used your code and could reproduce the same results. The step that goes wrong here is the segmentation step.

cfg           = [];
cfg.output    = {'brain','skull','scalp'};
segmentedmri  = ft_volumesegment(cfg, mri_aligned);

seg_i = ft_datatype_segmentation(segmentedmri,'segmentationstyle','indexed');

cfg              = [];
cfg.funparameter = 'seg';
cfg.funcolormap  = lines(6); % distinct color per tissue
cfg.location     = 'center';
cfg.atlas        = seg_i;    % the segmentation can also be used as atlas
ft_sourceplot(cfg, seg_i);

I segmented additionally to the scalp the brain and the skull tissues as well so that you can clearly see whats going on.

You should tweak the cfg for the ft_volumesegment to improve your pipeline.

Best regards,

Simon Homölle
PhD Candidate
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging