[FieldTrip] Importing Brainstorm head and source models and leftfields

Marco Buiatti marco.buiatti at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:56:03 CET 2016

Dear Francois,

this is really good news, thanks!

I have tested the Process > Sources > Fieldtrip: ft_prepare_leadfield on
different MEG data (always recorded from an Elekta 306 sensors system), and
I get an error "cannot work on balanced gradiometer definition" (see the
warnings below). I have tried to debug this but I am a bit lost since I am
not very familiar with manipulating source data.

I also have a basic question on the data to put in the process: my
understanding is that I should feed the process with the segmented anatomy,
that I identify with (for the default anatomy) the "Cortex_15002V" in the
anatomy tab. However, I cannot drag it to the Process window (I understand
that the sensor configuration is also needed). I therefore drag in the
Process window any data associated with the subject. Is this correct? Does
the program then automatically process the segmented anatomy?

Can you please shed light on this, or advice me on how to debug it?

Thanks a lot,

Marco

BST> FieldTrip install:
C:\Users\marco.buiatti\Documents\software\fieldtrip-20161107
the input is volume data with dimensions [181 217 181]
Converting the coordinate system from ctf to spm
Rescaling NIFTI: slope = 0.00342945, intercept = 0
Smoothing by 0 & 8mm..
Coarse Affine Registration..
Fine Affine Registration..
performing the segmentation on the specified volume
creating brainmask
smoothing brainmask with a 5-voxel FWHM kernel
thresholding brainmask at a relative threshold of 0.500
the call to "ft_volumesegment" took 52 seconds
Warning: assuming that planar MEG channel units are T/m
> In ft_chanunit at 173
  In ft_datatype_sens at 392
  In ft_datatype_sens at 158
  In ft_checkconfig at 232
  In utilities\private\ft_preamble_trackconfig at 37
  In ft_preamble at 56
  In ft_prepare_headmodel at 148
  In process_ft_prepare_leadfield>Run at 249
  In process_ft_prepare_leadfield at 24
  In bst_process>Run at 229
  In bst_process at 36
  In panel_process1>RunProcess at 141
  In panel_process1 at 27
  In gui_brainstorm>CreateWindow/ProcessRun_Callback at 707
  In bst_call at 28
  In gui_brainstorm>@(h,ev)bst_call(@ProcessRun_Callback) at 261
Warning: please specify cfg.method='projectmesh', 'iso2mesh' or
'isosurface'
> In ft_prepare_mesh at 137
  In ft_prepare_headmodel at 348
  In process_ft_prepare_leadfield>Run at 249
  In process_ft_prepare_leadfield at 24
  In bst_process>Run at 229
  In bst_process at 36
  In panel_process1>RunProcess at 141
  In panel_process1 at 27
  In gui_brainstorm>CreateWindow/ProcessRun_Callback at 707
  In bst_call at 28
  In gui_brainstorm>@(h,ev)bst_call(@ProcessRun_Callback) at 261
Warning: using 'projectmesh' as default
> In ft_prepare_mesh at 138
  In ft_prepare_headmodel at 348
  In process_ft_prepare_leadfield>Run at 249
  In process_ft_prepare_leadfield at 24
  In bst_process>Run at 229
  In bst_process at 36
  In panel_process1>RunProcess at 141
  In panel_process1 at 27
  In gui_brainstorm>CreateWindow/ProcessRun_Callback at 707
  In bst_call at 28
  In gui_brainstorm>@(h,ev)bst_call(@ProcessRun_Callback) at 261
triangulating the outer boundary of compartment 1 (brain) with 3000 vertices
the call to "ft_prepare_mesh" took 1 seconds
the call to "ft_prepare_headmodel" took 1 seconds

** Error: [process_ft_prepare_leadfield]  Sources > FieldTrip:
ft_prepare_leadfield
** Line 228:  ft_plot_sens (line 228)
** cannot work with balanced gradiometer definition
**
** Call stack:
** >ft_plot_sens.m at 228
** >process_ft_prepare_leadfield.m>Run at 255
** >process_ft_prepare_leadfield.m at 24
** >bst_process.m>Run at 229
** >bst_process.m at 36
** >panel_process1.m>RunProcess at 141
** >panel_process1.m at 27
** >gui_brainstorm.m>CreateWindow/ProcessRun_Callback at 707
** >bst_call.m at 28
** >gui_brainstorm.m>@(h,ev)bst_call(@ProcessRun_Callback) at 261
**
**