[FieldTrip] Error in ft_hastoolbox

Conrado Bosman conrado.bosman at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:33:57 CEST 2016

Dear fieldtrippers,

I’m trying to read the header of a Neuralynx dataset, using the last FieldTrip version available at Github, running on a Linux machine. I encounter the following error (see below).

Originally, I thought that the problem could be related to a FieldTrip dependency on a .mex file, that should be downloaded from the Neuralynx website (‘Neuralynx file reader and writer for Matlab on Linux and Mac OS X’), so I downloaded, compiled and placed the toolbox on a recognizable MATLAB path.
Then, when I run ft_hastoolbox, I noticed that the value of the variable dependency is “3”, which is the expected outcome from the MATLAB function “exist" (which is used in the helper function has_mex from ft_hastoolbox (l539)), when you have a recognizable mex file. However, the value 3 provides you the cryptic error message in “is_present” at line 576

Do you have any clue if I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Conrado

K>> Error using ft_hastoolbox>is_present (line 576)
this should not happen

Error in ft_hastoolbox (line 378)
status = is_present(dependency);

Error in read_neuralynx_ncs (line 57)
  isMexv3 = ft_hastoolbox('neuralynx_v3', 2); % let's leave warnings for debug

Error in read_neuralynx_ds (line 84)
        orig(i) = read_neuralynx_ncs(fname{i}, 0, 0);

Error in ft_read_header (line 1576)
    hdr = read_neuralynx_ds(filename);