[FieldTrip] Correlation with a behavioural variable in the source space?

Harold Cavendish harold.cav89 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:57:53 CET 2016

Dear FieldTrip users,

can I do a correlation test with a behavioural variable in the source space
using ft_statfun_correlationT? I want to do the same as in sensor space but
use voxels instead of electrodes.

How can I define a region of interest to limit the number of tests?

My current approach is to compute the inverse solution using

cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'mne';
cfg.grid = leadfield;
cfg.headmodel = vol;
cfg.mne.prewhiten = 'yes';
cfg.mne.lambda = 3;
cfg.mne.scalesourcecov = 'yes';
cfg.rawtrial = 'yes';
cfg.keeptrial = 'yes';
source = ft_sourceanalysis(cfg, timelock);

and then simply call

cfg = [];
cfg.statistic = 'ft_statfun_correlationT';
cfg.method = 'montecarlo';
cfg.numrandomization = 1000;
cfg.design = [1.457 1.214 2.477 5.441 …];
cfg.ivar = 1;
cfg.alpha = 0.05;
cfg.tail = 0;
cfg.correcttail = 'alpha';
stat = ft_sourcestatistics(cfg, source);

but Matlab just remains busy and nothing happens.

Thank you.
Harold