[FieldTrip] FW: ft_clusterplot

Angela Rosink angela_rosink at live.nl
Thu Jul 28 19:42:30 CEST 2016

Dear community,
My name is Angela and I am working in the UvA Sleeplab in Amsterdam on sleep and memory. Currently I am analysing EEG data and want to make time frequency plots with corresponding topoplots revealing statistical differences between conditions. I already got time frequency plots, but I'm having problems with creating the topoplots and statistics.
I preprocessed my data, did time frequency analysis on it with ft_freqanalysis, grandaveraged the single TFs across conditions with ft_freqgrandaverage (and plotted those results) and performed cluster based permutation statistics on it with ft_freqstatistics. I tried using ft_clusterplot to assess topographies with highlighted clusters originating from ft_freqstatistics.
When I called it, I got several results ranging from not being able to plot anything because dimensions were wrong, to 57 clusterplots. (why?)I got the message that dimord dimensions were exceeded, its not supporting chan_freq_time. Because I have a priori knowledge, I averaged over a frequency range with: cfg.frequency  = [5 8]; cfg.avgoverfreq  = 'yes';. Then I was able to plot, but giving strange results. (See attachtment 1-4). I tried cfg.zlim with maxmin and also without specifing it, without result.In order to solve the dimension problem I used ft_freqdescriptives, also shown at the example at your website, resulting in a lot of topographies which I cannot use. I tried to plot cfg.parameter = 'stat' and with cfg.parameter = 'raweffect', where stat is the outcome of ft_freqstatistics and stat.raweffect = grandavg1.powspctrm - grandavg3 as shown at http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/cluster_permutation_freq at: Between trial experiments under: Plotting the results. But then again I'm getting an error: Error using ft_clusterplot (line 151), unsupported dimord chan_unknown_time.  Because the grandaveraged data with freqdescriptives is again 3D, chan_freq_time.
The cfg and data I use are as follows:>> display(cfg)
cfg =
        alpha: 0.0250    parameter: 'raweffect'       layout: 'waveguard_layout_064ch2.lay'
>> display(stat)
stat =
                   prob: [65x1x351 double]            posclusters: [1x2 struct]    posclusterslabelmat: [65x1x351 double]        posdistribution: [1x500 double]            negclusters: [1x3 struct]    negclusterslabelmat: [65x1x351 double]        negdistribution: [1x500 double]                cirange: [65x1x351 double]                   mask: [65x1x351 logical]                   stat: [65x1x351 double]                    ref: [65x1x351 double]                 dimord: 'chan_freq_time'                   freq: 6.4898                  label: {65x1 cell}                   time: [1x351 double]                    cfg: [1x1 struct]              raweffect: [65x35x351 double]
>> display(grandavg1)
grandavg1 =
    powspctrm: [4-D double]        label: {65x1 cell}         freq: [1x35 double]         time: [1x351 double]       dimord: 'subj_chan_freq_time'          cfg: [1x1 struct]
>> display(grandavg3)
grandavg3 =
    powspctrm: [4-D double]        label: {65x1 cell}         freq: [1x35 double]         time: [1x351 double]       dimord: 'subj_chan_freq_time'          cfg: [1x1 struct]
Can someone tell me if there is something wrong with the cfg settings I use or if I am doing something wrong at any other place?  Any help would be appreciated!
I also included my script starting from time frequency analysis. I used only 2 subjects per condition (condition 3 being control) only to try out my script, because I once already processed my data wrongly and I want to avoid that I have to redo all my data over and over. I'm not the best programmer, but it should give an idea of my most recent settings.
All the best,Angela