[FieldTrip] Leadfield issues for EEG source reconstruction

Maris Skujevskis icelandhouse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:28:14 CEST 2016

Dear Fieldtrip community,

The leadfields I have constructed for my EEG source reconstruction look
rather strange.
You can take a look at them here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QSyDy3RhMIeFkxcm5kdmxOWVk&usp=drive_web

For a given electrode (red circle), the blue vectors represent the
direction and the strength of the leadfield. There are two issues:
(a) for some subjects there is an expected leadfield gradient' (closer
source points have larger vectors), while some others do not show this
pattern at all;
(b) some source points have disproportionately large/wrongly directed
vectors.

This is closely related to a previous fieldtrip discussion:
https://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2015-March/009058.html ,
but in that discussion no conclusion/solution was reached.

Have you encountered these issues in your EEG source reconstruction and if
yes, how/did you manage to solve them?

Thanks a lot!
Maris