[FieldTrip] cluster-based permutation test - baseline correction

Herring, J.D. (Jim) J.Herring at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jul 19 09:28:58 CEST 2016

Dear Jose,

If you assume there to be (perhaps trivial) differences in the baselines of conditions A and B, but you are interested in the difference in change from baseline then doing a baseline correction is indeed what you want to do. If you do not assume a difference at baseline it is in principle not necessary to correct for it (It might even hurt: http://datacolada.org/39) .

With regards to ‘demeaning’ (and detrending), have a look at these two pages:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/why_does_my_tfr_look_strange
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/why_does_my_tfr_look_strange_part_ii

It might be beneficial to demean and detrend before doing your frequency analysis.

Best,

Jim