[FieldTrip] User-defined random seed in ft_componentanalysis (runica)

Stephen Whitmarsh stephen.whitmarsh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:39:54 CEST 2016

Hi there,

I have a question about the use of the cfg.randomseed option in
ft_componentanalysis. I would like to be able to use the same seed over
different iterations of ft_componentanalysis, which should result in the
same output.

Can anyone confirm this is actually the case? I cannot see how
cfg.randomseed is passed through to runica.m, and line 812 (runica.m) reads:

rand('state',sum(100*clock));  % set the random number generator state to
                               % a position dependent on the system clock

Best,
Stephen