[FieldTrip] Automatic artifact detection (no rejection)

Philipp Taesler p.taesler at uke.de
Fri Jul 1 14:10:09 CEST 2016

Hi Robin,

you are right, the comment in the function explicitly says:

% Contrary to the other artifact detection functions, this function
% will mark the whole trial as an artifact if the threshold is exceeded.
% Furthermore, this function does not support artifact- or filterpadding.

I didn't know that. Hmmm, then I guess your only option is to either
visually review the marked trials and unmark the ones you want to keep.
Another possibilty might be to use ft_redefinetrial to create a dataset
with shorter trials, run the rejection on this data, and use the
resulting artefact definitions for your original data. (Not sure if that
is straightforward, since I never did this myself).

Cheers,
Phil

--
Philipp Taesler
Department of Systems Neuroscience

Phone: +49-40-7410-59902
Fax:   +49-40-7410-59955
Email: p.taesler at uke.de

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Rainer Schoppik