[FieldTrip] Comparing ICA methods between toolboxes (BESA vs. Fieldtrip)

Andrew Chang changa5 at mcmaster.ca
Sun Jan 17 19:57:03 CET 2016

Hi Dr. Bornfleth,

Thanks for your reply very much.
I would like to use ICA to remove eye blinks and eye movements, neck
movements, as well as cardiac and powerline artifacts. The segment I have
is a continuous EEG recording for 10 minutes, which is one block of my
experiment including many trials.
Before ICA, the segment have been high-pass (0.3 Hz) and low-pass (100 Hz).
The components showing activities around the eyes, the back of the neck,
and 60 Hz were removed. As for the cardiac artifact, I it is based on
visual inspection on the waveform to see whether it looks like an EKG.
Any further comments are appreciated!

Best,
Andrew