[FieldTrip] Standard BEM or FEM models for use with 256-electrode EEG data recorded with EGI caps

Laith Hamid lah at pedneuro.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jan 19 17:41:48 CET 2016

Dear Cris,

thank you very much for your answer. I am refering to an issue that was
discussed in this thread from April 2013:

[FieldTrip] source analysis EEG data without MRI

The thread however does not offer a segmentation or head model for
download. Some electrodes in the EGI 256-electrodes cap are placed on
the cheeks or on the back of the neck and these areas are not modeled by
the standard BEM skin compartment in the standard BEM model. My question
was about a standard segmentation that extends the skin (and skull)
compartment downwards to allow these electrodes to sit on the nodes of
the skin mesh.

Best,
Laith