[FieldTrip] importing data from blackrock

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Feb 2 07:55:51 CET 2016

Hi Andreas,

At this moment the code that uses the NPMK toolbox for fileio is not yet functional. I have started working on this a bit, but did not have time (and urgency) to complete this yet.
The neuroshare code is based on very outdated (windows support only) mex-code, and it does not surprise me that it does not work for you.

If you specify ‘headerformat’ and ‘dataformat’ to be ‘blackrock_nsx’ the code should take the correct turn, and end up at a portion of the m-file that is calling the NPMK functions.
However, you will hit a keyboard statement right away, so you would need to provide some additional code, that is reformatting the output of the lower-level NPMK function into the shape that FieldTrip can work with. I think you could get some inspiration from the documentation about the support for different data formats as well as some examples from the various dataformats as implemented in ft_read_data. If you can provide me with some functional code, I will be happy to plug it into the release version of FieldTrip. I also suggest you to create an account on our bugzilla server: bugzilla.fieldtriptoolbox.org<http://bugzilla.fieldtriptoolbox.org>, and assign yourself to the CC-list of bug 2964. Any progress you make, code suggestions, as well as questions regarding to the implementation of this dataformat can be posted here.

Since I don’t have dedicated time to work on this right now, the easiest way forward would be if you investigate a bit more yourself and come up with good suggestions. This will expedite the process greatly.

Thanks, and best wishes,

Jan-Mathijs