[FieldTrip] Granger Causality statistics and group analysis

Helen Wieffering helen.wieffering at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 01:26:25 CET 2016

Dear Jörn,

I recently re-read your 2015 paper on Directed Communication between
Nucleus Accumbens and Neocortex in Humans. I am taking a similar approach
with my data, looking at non-parametric Granger Causality as computed
through FieldTrip. I believe you pointed me to this paper in a response to
one of my FieldTrip e-mails a few months back, and it has proven very
helpful!

If it's not too much trouble, I now wonder if you could provide any further
detail on how you computed p-value statistics from each subject's Granger
spectrum. As far as I can tell, Fieldtrip's statistical packages are very
limited / nonexistent when it comes to connectivity data. In your paper you
mentioned obtaining one Granger estimate for each direction - could you
explain how you did this, and whether you performed this statistical
analysis in Fieldtrip?

Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you,

Helen