[FieldTrip] importing method for ft_crossfrequency() using our customized data format

Casper van Heck caspervanheck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:15:11 CET 2016

Dear Ahn,

As background:

   1. Constructing your own format is easy, and is explained on the page "How
   can I import my own dataformat?
   <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_import_my_own_dataformat>"
   2. I'm assuming you're using the function 'ft_crossfrequencyanalysis',
   which doesn't seem to be embedded in a tutorial or anything similar. I do
   know that it wants the output of ft_freqanalysis, but if you want to know
   how it works, you're going to have to dive into the code.
   3. Working with Brainvision Recorder, you don't import the raw data
   directly; you direct Fieldtrip to the header file, and use ft_preprocessing
   to read all the data and the markers. If this goes awry, you can use the
   separate functions ft_read_header, ft_read_data, and ft_read_event to load
   those elements into memor  (more info here
   <http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/dataformat>). I seem to remember
   Brainvision events need to be read using ft_read_event anyway.

Importing data works best either through ft_preprocessing, or through
ft_read_data. You're trying to define a trial structure, but don't provide
a method to do that. Read the tutorial on preprocessing
<http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/tutorial/preprocessing>, and simply copy
the code used there, making a few changes to fit your data.

Good luck!