[FieldTrip] importing method for ft_crossfrequency() using our customized data format

안민희 tigoum at naver.com
Thu Feb 4 03:20:40 CET 2016

Dear community,

My name is Ahn Min-Hee and I am working in the mindbrain lab in korea university, south koera
on invasive BMI.
Currently I am analyzing EEG data of our lab project, where we processed using our time-frequency
analysis method on matlab. It's sourcing from Brain Vision Recorder.

I tried using ft_crossfrequency() to assess time-frequency aspects of our data.
First, I tried importing our own data that formed 3D type by frequency x time x channel,
but I don't know how it convert the fieldtrip style data structure.
Specially, about converting epoch dimension & constructing trial struct...

So, I tried additional work as initiation. I import raw data such as *.eeg from Brain Vision Recorder.
I work following:

>> cfg = [] ;
>> cfg.dataset='SSVEP_NEW_su0001.eeg';
>> cfg.trialdef.eventtype='?';
>> [cfg] = ft_definetrial(cfg);

Warning: no trialfun was specified, using ft_trialfun_general
> In ft_definetrial (line 135)
evaluating trialfunction 'ft_trialfun_general'
reading the events from 'SSVEP_NEW_su0001.vhdr'
the following events were found in the datafile
event type: 'Comment' with event values: 'actiCAP Data On'
event type: 'New Segment' with event values:
event type: 'Stimulus' with event values: 'S 11' 'S 12' 'S 13' 'S 14' 'S 15' 'S 16' 'S 21' 'S 22' 'S 23' 'S 24' 'S 25' 'S 26' 'S 28' 'S111' 'S112' 'S113' 'S114' 'S115' 'S116' 'S121' 'S122' 'S123' 'S124' 'S125' 'S126' 'S127'
no trials have been defined yet, see FT_DEFINETRIAL for further help
found 943 events
created 0 trials
the call to "ft_definetrial" took 0 seconds and required the additional allocation of an estimated 0 MB
 Then... I don't know that its result is correct or not... also, how treat warning & why resulting trial to 0. ----- So, I summarize my question: 1. How convert/construct our own data format(freq x time x channel) to fieldtrip type data struct ? 2. What or where detailed example for ft_crossfrequency() function ?3. How import *.eeg(brain vision raw data) ? Especially treat a trial information ? I uploaded our data formed file o a filehoster such as fieldtriptoolbox ftp site as it exceeds the critical file size of 1 MB. Here is the link:ftp://ftp.fieldtriptoolbox.org/pub/incoming/TiGoum_USIL.FREQxTIMExCHANNEL.mat  Can someone tell me above questions. Any help world be appreciated.Thank you very much.  Best, Ahn Min-Hee.