[FieldTrip] phase distribution

Bastiaansen, Marcel Bastiaansen4.M at nhtv.nl
Fri Dec 16 13:13:39 CET 2016

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I want to analyze data from an EEG experiment in which I split trials from one participant in two sets based on some response criterion.
I want to know how (absolute) phase at a particular point in time (say t=0) is distributed within each set of trials, and whether there is (on average) a difference in absolute phase between the two sets of trials.
I have found a matlab toolbox (circ_stats) that allows me to plot circular phase data, do tests on phase distributions, and to compare two distributions, but I would like to use Fieldtrip to extract the instantaneous phase angles (radians or degrees) from the single trials for a given point in time using multitapers (which I believe is the preferred method for this, right?).
Browsing through the Fieldtrip discussion archive, I haven't been able to find a dedicated Fieldtrip function for that, but I am sure that functions such as  ft_mtmconvol do compute absolute phase at some point...
Can anyone give me advise on how to achieve my goal?

Thanks,
Marcel.

***
Dr Marcel C.M. Bastiaansen
Lecturer and researcher in quantitative research methods
Academy for Leisure & Academy for Tourism
NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences
Visiting adress:
Room C1.011, Academy for Leisure
Archimedesstraat 17,
4816 BA, Breda
Phone: +31 76 533 2869
Email: bastiaansen4.m at nhtv.nl<mailto:bastiaansen4.m at nhtv.nl>

And

Department of Cognitive Neuropsychology
Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Tilburg University
Visiting address:
Room S217, Simon building
Warandelaan 2
5000 LE Tilburg
Email: M.C.M.Bastiaansen at uvt.nl<mailto:M.C.M.Bastiaansen at uvt.nl>

publications<https://scholar.google.nl/citations?hl=en&view_op=list_works&gmla=AJsN-F5MJ8q_0925xM3GL1HwKMWkGTQGnfGN0OfdskoTXoB9cHMSkWFYZRW6Bp8iwksfnsTgAKylZkZ6NqoYRJj6skmxruDP8Q&user=u4iWSLoAAAAJ>
linked-in<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAMAAAHu0sABfdcxLjPvTgFyfucAZvQQcwfJXi0&trk=hp-identity-name>
***

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing :
The following disclaimer applies to the e-mail message :
http://www.nhtv.nl/disclaimer