[FieldTrip] Non-Parametric Granger Causality - Freq * Spatial Filter

Seymour, Robert (Research Student) seymourr at aston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 17:24:29 CEST 2016

Dear Fieldtrip Users,

I am trying to compute non-parametric granger causality between several ROIs in source-space. I am using the following code to obtain the fourier-spectra of my sensor-level data.

cfg            = [];
cfg.output     = 'fourier';
cfg.method     = 'mtmfft';
cfg.taper      = 'dpss';
cfg.tapsmofrq  = 4;
cfg.keeptrials = 'yes';
cfg.pad = 1;
cfg.padtype = 'zero';
freq    = ft_freqanalysis(cfg, data_fix);

I was wondering how to project the sensor level fourier-data into source space using the spatial filters computed when calling ft_sourceanalysis? I.e. how to multiply the freq*filter? I am little unsure how the fourierspctrm is represented and how this will feed into ft_connectivity analysis?

Many thanks,

Robert Seymour (PhD Student, Aston Brain Centre)