[FieldTrip] Head movement correction for source time-courses

Anne Urai anne.urai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 21:35:31 CEST 2015

Hi Matthias,

If you want to regress out single-trial variance that's explained by head motion see this tutorial: http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/how_to_incorporate_head_movements_in_meg_analysis, I think it's equally valid to do this at the sensor vs source level.

Another method that is described in Stolk et al http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23246857 and originally Uutela et al http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11707098 is to incorporate changes in the grad structure into you source reconstruction procedure.

This is implemented in ft_headmovement, but I've personally not found it very intuitive to use - perhaps one of the authors could elaborate? Perhaps it's worth adding a short section on the wiki on this..

Cheers,
—
Anne E. Urai, MSc
PhD student | Institut für Neurophysiologie und Pathophysiologie
Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf | Martinistrasse 52, 20246 | Hamburg, Germany
www.anneurai.net