[FieldTrip] Head movement correction for source time-courses

Fritsche, M. (Matthias) m.fritsche at student.ru.nl
Thu Sep 24 11:06:33 CEST 2015

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I started looking into offline head movement correction of MEG data wondered about the following:
Is it possible/sensible to correct time-courses of source reconstructed data for head movement (that is timepoint-by-timepoint for individual sources)?

The GLM approach with ft_regressconfound only computes trial-by-trial power estimates, whose variance due to head movement is removed, right? Is there a theoretical consideration that renders the timepoint-by-timepoint correction for individual sources pointless? Or is there maybe a technical limitation, e.g. in terms limited computation resources?

I couldn’t find any information on this on the wiki, or the mailing list archive. Please excuse if I should have overlooked something or if this is a silly question.

Best,
Matthias