[FieldTrip] citation sources for ica analysis

Vitória Piai v.piai.research at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 05:31:03 CEST 2015

Hi Russ,

If I'm not mistaken, FieldTrip uses the eeglab implementation, see here:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/example/use_independent_component_analysis_ica_to_remove_eog_artifacts?s[]=eeglab

% perform the independent component analysis (i.e., decompose the data)
cfg        = [];
cfg.method = 'runica'; % this is the default and uses the implementation fromEEGLAB

In this case, the eeglab website (http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/refs.html)
seems to indicate this reference:

A Delorme & S Makeig (2004) EEGLAB: an open source toolbox for analysis
of single-trial EEG dynamics
<http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/download/eeglab_jnm03.pdf> (pdf, 0.7 MB)
/Journal of Neuroscience Methods/ 134:9-21

    /Includes details of EEGLAB ICA and time/frequency methods./ /Please
    cite this paper to reference EEGLAB in publications./

Hopefully someone can confirm that for you in case you're still in doubt.
Cheers, Vitoria