[FieldTrip] Rejecting EEG channels for specific trials

Ricarda Braukmann r.braukmann at donders.ru.nl
Fri Sep 25 10:17:13 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I am working with infant EEG data sets (128 channels, EGI) and I have a
question about the possibilities for rejecting channels using
ft_rejectvisual (cfg.method = 'trial').

In our data sets it often happens that a particular channel is bad only for
a couple of trials rather than being bad throughout the whole session.

Therefore, I was wondering if it is possible to mark a channel as bad for
specific trials only rather than the whole session, for example using
ft_rejectvisual (or any other fieldtrip function)?

As far as I know, we can interpolate channels for specific trials, but
ft_rejectvisual seems to only be able to reject channels entirely.

If this is indeed not possible at the moment, do people think that there
would be a way for me to adapt the code in order to be able to do this?
I am not sure how easy this would be, but I am willing to give it a try :)

It would be great to hear your advice on this!
Best,
Ricarda

--

Ricarda Braukmann, MSc
PhD student

Radboud University Medical Centre & Baby Research Center

Centre for Neuroscience & Centre for Cognition

Room B.01.22
Phone: +31 (0) 24 36 12652
Email: r.braukmann at donders.ru.nl
Website: http://www.zebra-project.nl/