[FieldTrip] Changing dimord of Cross Spectral Density matrix

Helen Wieffering helen.wieffering at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:37:45 CET 2015

Dear Fieldtrip Users,

I am trying to use the function ft_connectivitiy_csd2transfer in order to
compute non-parametric Granger Causality measures.

In order to do so, I have my frequency analysis data in the following form:
freq =

        label: {129x1 cell}
       dimord: 'chan_freq_time'
         freq: [4 4.5000 5 5.5000 6]
         time: [1x41 double]
    powspctrm: [129x5x41 double]
     labelcmb: {8256x2 cell}
    crsspctrm: [8256x5x41 double]
          cfg: [1x1 struct]

In my data, the crsspctrm matrix has a dimord of chan_freq_time -- however,
the function ft_connectivity_csd2transfer requires a dimord of
chan_chan_freq(_time).

Does anyone have insight on how to change the dimord of my data?

I understand that Fieldtrip's ft_freqanalysis function treats (a, b) and
(b, a) cross spectra as identical and therefore omits half of all possible
combinations. Ideally, though, I'd like for my crsspctrm matrix to contain
all possible combinations between channels, including the auto-spectra.

Thanks for your help!

Helen Wieffering
Bowdoin College