[FieldTrip] Automatized artifact rejection in FT

Ricarda Braukmann r.braukmann at donders.ru.nl
Wed Nov 18 12:58:20 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I would like to implement an automatized artifact rejection procedure for
my EEG data and compare this to manual rejection.

I would like to use the following criteria for rejection of a segment:

1. amplitudes below -150 or above 150 µV
2. a difference of 3 µV per 200 ms,
3. or a voltage change of 50 µV per sampling point

Is there a function in fieldtrip that I can use for implementing these
different criteria?

I know that FT_ARTIFACT_THRESHOLD can reject segments on basis of the first
criteria but I am unsure how to implement the second two.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
Ricarda

--

Ricarda Braukmann, MSc
PhD student

Radboud University Medical Centre & Baby Research Center

Centre for Neuroscience & Centre for Cognition

Room B.01.22
Phone: +31 (0) 24 36 12652
Email: r.braukmann at donders.ru.nl
Website: http://www.zebra-project.nl/