[FieldTrip] Elements have wrong orientation or are degenerated

Horn, Andreas Andreas.Horn at charite.de
Sun May 24 10:55:55 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

I am new to fieldtrip and want to use it (and simbio) to forward model the current spread of a known dipole. I consider only a small cubic fraction of brain tissue which I so far have divided in gray and white matter. I pass that cubic volume into ft_prepare_mesh and get a hexahedral mesh without error. ft_plot_mesh also shows the correct mesh. However, once I pass the mesh into ft_headmodel_simbio, I get the error

‘Elements have wrong orientation or are degenerated’

Does anyone have an idea of why this could happen and how I could potentially fix the issue?

Thanks a lot,

Andreas