[FieldTrip] Decreased coherence at 60Hz?

Pelt, S. van (Stan) stan.vanpelt at donders.ru.nl
Tue Mar 17 17:02:53 CET 2015

Hi Daria,

As far as I know, signal power influences coherence measures. So, in your case, it might be that you have relatively large power and/or SNR differences between your electrodes, that might underlie your results. You might consider using a notch filter to filter the 60 Hz signal out, or stratifying your trials to compensate for SNR differences.

Best,
Stan
--
Stan van Pelt, PhD