[FieldTrip] ft_scalpcurrentdensity methods + error if method is not 'spline'

Schoffelen, J.M. (Jan Mathijs) jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Mar 10 21:47:47 CET 2015

Hi Vitoria,
Could you first download a newer version of FieldTrip, e.g. 20150309 :-), and see if the problem is replicated with this version? I think it will persist, but it would be good to know for sure, otherwise we may be tackling problems that are not problems anymore.
Note that the low level function ft_datatype_sens throws an informative error, occurring on line 375. You may want to try to do a ‘dbstop if error’ to investigate it in a bit more detail. I suspect an ‘inconsistent number of channels in the sensor description’ :-). The reason why it may fail with the ‘spline’ method, and not with the other methods is probably that the former requires a description of the electrode positions, whereas the the latter methods only need a description of the neighbours for each electrode.