[FieldTrip] Easycap M10 coregistration with head model – no fiducials

Milan Mitka mitka3 at uniba.sk
Wed Mar 18 21:54:39 CET 2015

Greetings,

I'm having difficulties with aligning easycap M10 electrodes with a head model. I'm following this tutorial: http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/headmodel_eeg#align_the_electrodes <http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/headmodel_eeg#align_the_electrodes>

The problem as I see it is that the file FieldTrip/template/electrode/easycap-M10.txt that I'm using istead of standard_1020.elc doesn't include fiducials and can therefore not be properly aligned with the head model automatically.

How can I properly align M10 electrodes defined in spherical coordinates or convert MNI cartesian coordinates to the head model coordinates which appear to use CTF, please?

Yours faithfully
Milan Mitka